To be honesty, i do not know how to call this widget.I just curious spiral object which looks like a life circle for me.
This idea comes from a real experience of visiting a museum which get a spiral stair and a snail shell i found in my collections.I like the spinning down movement which is mysterious and magical. all in all, it is a funny object.
Now i will show you how to make one-like.
Task 1: Material preparations
you would prepare these materials for this project as above images shows.
Task 2: Download drawing and start printing
- Download drawings and decompress.
- Load those files named crank_handle.stl, sprocket_gear.stl
andgear_lift.stl into UP! 3D printing software in turn and prepare to print.
- Set configures in UP! by click 3D print > setup and refer to specific settings to above last image in this step.
- It will around 2 hours to printing them all, so be patient.
Task 3: Start cutting
- Place chipboard under laser working area and adjust the distance between laser head and chipboard.
- open a DWG format file named Basswood chipboard cutting drawing.dwg and start cutting.
Note that you should set the distance between laser head and chipboard as 25 mm.
Task 4: Assemble all parts
Assemble all part as above image shows and you have get all done.
Task 5: More innovative projects
You can make more applications which will be more colorful funny objects with 3D Printer.
A realistic 3D printing service provider recommendation: Seeedstudio.
toys – Spiaral model widget, in category: play