Part ONE of the webshooter how to.
We will soon upgrade it, make it more powerful, add the “web” :>
Task 1: Materials and tools:
Bill of materials:
– some wire for all the electrical connections
– copper wire (make sure its coated, the red insulated stuff will work also though, just no BARE copper!)
– 1mm aluminum sheet (size depends on your wristband)
– wristband (from an old watch or just a leather strap, modified ladies belt)
– disposable camera board
– 2 momentary switches
– old CD case
– 5-10 caps from cameras OR 1 big capacitor 350V 800uF
– 4mm screw aka projectile (make it around 10mm long, the coil 15mm long)
– LOT of patience and common sense !
– drill (dremel will do)
– handsaw / jigsaw
– soldering iron
– hot glue gun + sticks
– sharp knife
Task 2: The how-to-video guide:
BE CAREFUL! Its high voltage!! Never touch anything with both hands, when you tested the circuit!
The charge can kill you or hurt you. Always short the caps with a “heavy” screwdriver or something.
props-and-accessories – Electromagnetic Spiderman Weblauncher, in category: costumes